Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How time is flying...

I can't believe that my last post was on the 20th of April...

So much has happened since then.  I have been trying to post and keep everyone up to snuff on what is happening.  I actually have a couple of posts that never got published, because I never got them completed.  

Oh, well!


At 11pm on Wednesday, May 4th, my Uncle Peter passed with his close family and friends by his side.  His body failed him in so many ways.  My heart aches for my aunt and cousins.  The heart ache I felt that evening I can only imagine what my aunts must have felt like then and even today.  

Yesterday, was the funeral services and as I sat in the church and even at the internment I looked at the beautiful casket my Aunt picked out and just couldn't believe he was there.  It's hard to believe that he won't be walking through the garage door saying, "Hi, Sis!"  There are so many memories that I will cherish with him.  

I am now trying to help my Aunt pick up the pieces and face the day to day challenges with the girls.  My Uncle was such a huge part of their lives.  I know over time things will get better and their broken hearts will eventually heal.  Uncle Pete will never be forgotten and will forever and always live in our hearts.



No comments:

Post a Comment