Wednesday, April 20, 2011

18 Hours After....

We arrived late afternoon to the hospital yesterday and what an awesome ICU Uncle Pete is in.  He was completely taken off of all sedatives and heart medications.  And is now only on antibiotics and dialysis.  

They are extremely concerned about his lungs.  His Xrays yesterday came back not so good.  He has all of this cloudy matter all over his lungs.  They believe it is something called ARDS.  It can be curable, but will take awhile.  This is definitely something they will be keeping an eye on and hoping that today the Xrays come back better than yesterday.  

As we were hanging out a huge storm ended up blowing through STL.  It was awesome that we were forced to stay a little bit longer, because he began to wake up from being sedated.  He was blinking his eyes and even turned his head.  We are hoping that when we return this afternoon he has made more progress.

My Aunt is doing well and handling everything with such grace.  She is extremely overwhelmed and at times says she feels like she is drowning.  It is so hard to see my Uncle Pete this way and I can only imagine what she is feeling.  I was actually thinking about leaving on Sunday, but I don't think that is going to be an option....  It's looking like I may be here until June as support... 

Well, I will report later this evening on any new happenings.  
Please keep both my Aunt and Uncle in your prayers.

On another note, the boys are doing great and are having the time of their lives.  Mar Mar (Mara) and Kitty (Kit) have been such awesome babysitters...  It is so hard for me to believe that I use to watch and take care of them and now they are taking care of my babies... CRAZY!  The boys send them off to school in the morning, by opening the door and saying, "Bye Guls!"  And they are greeted home each afternoon with huge hugs and dancing!!!  "Mar Mar and Kitty home!!!"

I will keep you posted...

elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment