Friday, April 8, 2011

Please Say a Little Prayer!!!


“Heavenly Father, You are intimately aware of the struggle he is experiencing -- the pain and the despair. You know the desire of his heart to be healed of this illness. I ask now for Your healing touch. I know that You are able and that just like in Bible times, You can heal my Uncle Peter.

“I also understand that You will chose what is best for him. I pray that through this trial, he will draw close to You -- that You will be his comfort and strength. I pray that ultimately, whatever happens, You will be glorified through him. I pray this in Jesus’ name, amen.”

As some of you already know my Uncle Peter, Pete, Great Uncle Punkin is very ill!

I have been here in St. Louis for the last couple of days and never dreamed this would every happen to such a wonderful man.  I have hugged and kissed him and told him we are all here for him.  As of today they have lowered his meds that make him completely out of it.  It was so great to see the dry sarcasm even hooked up to a ventilator and cannot even speak.  

My Aunt let him know that yesterday Billy was there all day and sat with him...
He started to get all choked up and tears began to fall from his face.  It is a sight I don't think I will ever forget. 
(My Uncle and Billy have always had an indescribable relationship since Billy was my boys ages)

After many doctor visits he will have to face some battles and boy do I mean battles...before a transplant can even take place.  

I have held strong for 48 hours and at one point today after a team of doctors left, I couldn't hold the pain and tears in any longer.  I ran over to Uncle Pete, he opened his eyes, I laid my head on his shoulder, told him I loved him and he just had to pull through this and be strong.  He turned his head and put it on my head and I lied there and cried.  

It is so, so, hard to see him this way... I have no explanation for it...

Thanks so much to Kit, her 6 friends and Mara.  They have been taking so good care of my boys while I have been helping to take care of Aunt Mary Patrice and keep up with the day to day chores of the house.
Not to mention my friends Axel, Patty, Chloe, Maddison, and Chingy for taking such good care of my furry loves! And thank you all my great friends for worrying about me and the concern for my uncle...  I love you all!

I was planning on heading home with dad on Sunday, but Aunt Mary Patrice asked me this morning if I would stay for much longer.... 
Not a prob! I wouldn't leave for the world!

The girls talked with Uncle Pete this evening, even though he couldn't talk, he would raise his eyebrows in response...

We love him so and are learning to patiently to wait sec by sec, minute by minute, day by day for his recovery...

He is looking much better from yesterday...  
And hoping for the same results tomorrow!


Please pray... my Uncle Peter can't have enough!!!  
We all love him to the moon and back!!!

elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment