Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Exciting News!

Yes, I have exciting news...  First I must explain...

Those of you who have been to my house in the last 2 months have had the pleasure of experiencing my lovely family room area rug.  After Mark and I had the hard wood floors put in we went to Pottery Barn outlet and found and awesome rug.  Well, what we/I thought would be awesome.  But, for the last two months I have been vacuuming every second I get.  You would not believe the fur balls it leaves behind when walked on.  Yes, I know I have 100lb St. Bernard, but I had already removed the rug ounce and had to bring it back due to the boys toys falling off the coffee table.  This is how I knew it wasn't my sweet Bernice!  I had hit my limit with this dumb rug over Thanksgiving when a dear friend of mines daughter was bringing me over giant cups of fur balls and saying happy Thanksgiving and all of my guest were walking around with fur hanging from there bums! 

I'm typically not one to call and complain, unless it is something that I just can't take anymore.  So, I called Pottery Barn today and to make a long phone conversation short.  We are going to be refunded (with store credit) the entire amount of the rug!!!  Yipee!!!  I can't wait to go in on Thursday and get this refund.  I told the manager, that I just couldn't believe that they sold something like this.  He said a wool rug will take about 2 months to stop shedding.  I told him he was crazy, there was no end in sight to the shedding! 

On another note, boys went to school today and you would have thought they were going to the zoo or something.  They were so excited to be there they went running in and didn't look back.  I guess after a full week of being at home and with me, they had just about had enough....  I guess the feeling was a little mutual!  Love you guys!   

After dropping the boys off at school I headed to target to purchase a small gift for a little girl and her family, out mom's group is taking care of for the holiday season.  While there I realized I was going to purchase Christmas gifts for the boys from Mom, Dad, Mark and I.  I got everything except one item.  I guess I will have to hunt for it somewhere else.  So relieved that shopping for them is complete and just a few more little things for others.  After Target I came home and started cleaning, removing the rug and all the fuzz throughout my house and made my phone call to PB. 

The weather is freezing today.  I was so looking forward to tonight.  The downtown square in Collierville puts on a tree lighting with Santa.  We were planning on going, but since the weather took a drastic change I have decided that we should stay home and keep warm.  Lleyton has been having issues today with the asthma and coughing.  Not a good idea to be out in the cold...  So I have lit up our tree, lit some candles and turned on the fire place.  To feel a little festive!  I believe the movie The Grinch is on tonight.  I will have to tape so the boys can see since it is after their bedtime. 

Keeping warm and enjoying some time with my monkeys...

Never a dual moment... just as I finished typing that last sentence, Crash, Boom, Bang... run into the kitchen an Lleyton broke my awesome giant white platter....ugh...! 
Not to mention... 2 ornaments broken...

No comments:

Post a Comment